Restaurant Woes



My children are 2 very different dynamics. My daughter is quiet and reserved and my son is everything BUT quiet and reserved. This can make for some interesting times when we are out in public. Today was no exception to those times.

Since we had a busy morning we decided to take the kids and get lunch after my son's speech therapy. In theory, it sounded like a good idea. In hindsight, maybe not so much. My son has to sit still during speech, which makes him want to run a marathon after he's done. When we sat down, I thought it would all be ok. Everybody was peaceful, and then it happened. The entire sugar holder found itself empty on the table, and on the floor. Once that was accomplished, I tried redirecting him to magazines. I did manage to pick up the sugar packets, but while I was doing that my little guy decided to run laps around the table. He did eat fairly well, so at least there was that. It was just one of the mortifying moments that happens in my world.

When we left, my son did show how sweet he really is, he said goodbye to the workers and the cashier. It can be difficult. He is very active, but he also is very kind and loving. I can't just hide my kids from the public. I believe all parents have days like mine. I just hope that adults remember, they were kids too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Momtools Loves Purex

Breakfast Crunchwraps- Homemade!

Have you ever used Fels-Naptha?