Part 1-Personal Spring Cleaning.

When we make mistakes, it is best to grow from them than to let them define you. There are so many times in life that I really think everybody falls into that hole. We screw up, and we know we did. Sometimes we dig a hole so deep, we really can not get out of it.We can not always reverse things. I'm not going to share my story yet, but I do want to share my journey. I want to share that when life gives you a million lemons, you don't have to drown in them. You can get back up. You can turn the lemons into something more. So, the first thing I have to say is when I've faced hard times- I cry.

Sounds like a child, doesn't it? The truth is research shows crying is good for you. No, I don't force myself. On the other hand,  I don't try to be a superwoman about it either. It is not good to hold things in. Admittedly, I'm guilty of holding in some things. The point is, there's no shame in having to cry it out sometimes.

Is crying all there is to it? No. We have to grow. We sometimes have to accept things. We may not like them, but there's always hope to hold on to. There's always the fact that sometimes we have to self evaluate before we can really start to heal in any way. Even if we can not fix everything, we can at least fix ourselves.

Do not dwell on the past. There are no time machines. There is no way to change the past, so the best thing to do is not to live in it. All that happens when we backtrack is we undo all of our progress. It's reversing growth.

Also remember the good. Think of the good experiences before the bad times. Create positive memories. Take solace in knowing we all make mistakes. We all have hard times. In short, you are not alone. You are not the first person, nor will you be the last person dealing with things that may bring you down. The way you overcome it means everything.

I'm not saying this is easy. For me, I have good days and bad. Sometimes I even have bad weeks. All I can do is keep my head up. I can cry it out. I can look to the future and not behind me. And if i'm going to look back, i'm going to think of the good things- not the bad. I know i'm not perfect. I don't expect it of myself. I just spend every day thankful for what I do have, and I don't lose hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Momtools Loves Purex

Breakfast Crunchwraps- Homemade!

Have you ever used Fels-Naptha?